Today we went to Oriya Basti and Nawab Nagar around the UCF.
- Oriya Basti situated on the north-western side of factory with few families (50-60) in the settlement.
- People belong to lower income group yet with better living conditions.
- The municipal corporation provides fresh water and sanitation facilities.
- The area is clean as compared to the other nearby other areas especially around railway track.
- Sambhavna clinic workers are teaching and spreading knowledge regarding health tips from the local available medicinal plants.
- They also told us about the long term side effects of the chemicals exhibited by the UCF.
On the other hand the Nawab Colony area was dirty and lifeless. The place was dry enough in terms of living, and reason behind that kind of living is lack of facilities.
Therefore, for the further development of both the areas the participation of people as well as the political inference is extremely essential.
"Man at Work"
" Near to nature"
"Homework Time" Oriya Basti
"Time for some chat" Oriya basti"
An Unhealthy settlement" Nawab Colony
"Silent surrounding " Nawab Colony
"Abondend" Nawab Colony
"Indirect Sufferer" Nawab Colony
DAY – 4 “Many things happen at edge.”
- “Boundaries and Activities” as our theme we started walking towards Aarif Nagar situated at the south-eastern part of Union carbide factory.
- We explored the streets and the activities along the street and their edges.
- Lots of things can happen at edge of streets, started with an entry gate. People carrying out their daily activities like their business, women with their house hold works and children playing.
- The population was self-sufficient for their basic needs by working and conducting their little business in their respective households.
Abondend tower in the center
Ecological use of drain water
Want to have a ride